Fumbling with to-do lists, a Kanban board in the kitchen, a google doc spreadsheet, a mood journal since forever, this year I’m going to centralize my life planning. As we know from Celebration Grid running experiments is vital for personal development I am going to try the bullet journal method Continue reading “Bullet Journal”
I registered for the event “The Mobility Quotient” which features Steve Wozniak and Jimmy Wales as keynote speaker! It will take place on September 7th/8th in Ingolstadt. I am stoked!
I started to learn knockout.js therefor I will drop MeteorJS from my list. Instead of dealing with npm, I will try out yarn for a couple of projects. Grunt seems to be quite handy to handle client site development and bootstrap looks promising as well. Roll with the punches 🙂
Update of the Update:
- The hot air balloon drive was canceled once again 🙁
- I’m going to visit the Management 3.0 foundation workshop
- [x] I did the test drive with the Tesla P100D!
- [x] Spontaneously I’ve visited devcamp17
- [x] I did a couple of katas in rust. I stopped learning more Rust due to lack of application in real life
- The hot air balloon drive is sceduled for 17.07.2017(!) 🙂
- I dropped actively searching for a singer for my band, we end the project anyway at the end of the year.
- I’ve postponed the purchase of the PS4 Pro + VR, haven’t got time at the moment.
- We are not going to do a vacation this year
In New Year’s Resolutions & Technology Learning Roadmap 2017 I listed all my tech and non-tech objectives for 2017. Here is a quick update:
After I bought my new Mac Book I asked myself: “Why haven’t I tried to develop an iOS app before?”
Well, I think it had something to do with Objective-C which I considered awful back in the days. But since 2014 You have another option: Swift.
The language looks a lot better to me, somewhere between Java and Python.
So I gave it a try and started the first tutorial. And -tada- there are two new objectives on my list. “Write an iPhone app” and “Publish app in app store”.
To get on with the objective “Learn Angular 2” I bought the course: “Angular2 verstehen und anwenden” on Udemy for 10€
In 2016 I started to build up my library and got a lot of recommendations for cool books. (Thanks Timo, Michy, Jürgen, Achim)
Here is my list Continue reading “Books I will read in 2017”
I made a list of technologies I’m going to learn – or at least get an overview of – in 2017. I’ve already started to look into Rust and also did some web tech tutorials on codecademy. Because I read “4 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Learn to Code from Codecademy” I will not leave it there but am going to introduce one or more of the following technologies into some actual projects at work. Continue reading “New Year’s Resolutions & Technology Learning Roadmap 2017”